Monday, July 26, 2010

So...I lied

I promised to post some memories of my grandmother today but I still can't I stare at the blank screen and nothing comes out. I will however tell you about my weekend.

Saturday My mom and I drove to Charleston so I could take the first PRAXIS II exam. Since I haven't had the time or money to take a vacation this summer I was treating this as a get away even though I was a nervous wreck about the test. We arrived an hour early even after getting stuck in traffic and I spent some time walking around the beautiful College of Charleston campus. This time I noticed a lot of similarities between it and the campus at USC. I laughed at remembering how I had originally viewed this campus before starting at USC.

I took my test and I have to say it wasn't exactly what I expected. I don't think I did horrible but it is going to be a LONG 4 weeks waiting on my scores. Keep your fingers crossed that I passed this part and won't have to pay to take it over again.

After the test we had lunch at 5 Guys and walked around downtown a little more. Finally we decided to ride down to folly beach. I love the beach and I have never been to Folly. After passing our exit and getting lost trying to turn around we finally made it to the rode that leads on the island. As we got closer to the beach traffic came to a stand still. Once we got to the beach and paid to park we probably only spent an hour actually on the water. It was amazingly crowded. I am used to going to the beach right before or after the summer and I wasn't used to the crowd.

We stopped at the outlet center on the way home. Spent two hours walking around and I only left with two pair of flip flops and a bad mood thanks to old navy (but I'll save this for another post)

Sunday was great. After church and lunch I went to see a local production of Annie! I will also save this for another post when I have the time and desire to go into more detail.

I hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment