Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I love a good deal!

Hi! How is your summer going? I've haven't had much insperation for blogging lately until now. This weekend I went bargin hunting :) I've always been frugal, I don't buy anything unless it's on sale (or $1). This weekend I found some great deals.

Saturday My mom and I headed off to Hamricks. We had received coupons in the mail for 15% off our entire purchase and we couldn't pass this up. Almost EVERYTHING in the store was on sale already but of course, I went straight for the clearence racks. I tried on 20 things but most of them didn't fit. I ended up getting a brown skirt (originally $22.99) , some gray dress pants (originally 22.99), A shirt (orignially 16.97). Three pairs of flip flops (Originally 6.98 for the set) and a giraffe welcome flag for my (non-existant) classroom(originally 3.99). My total after all of the discounts and tax was $25.78 I saved $89.79!! Actually compared to the suggested retail prices, the savings would be much more because the original Hamricks price is already lower.

Our coupons came with one for us and one for a friend. We hadn't given our away so we planned on giving them to other shoppers in the store. My mom ended up not using hers so we were able to give three away. I left with a smile on my face because the people we gave them to all looked a little shocked, then smiled and were so appreciative.

On Sunday we headed to Kohls because again, I had a coupon. Actually I had two. I got them in the mail about a week ago and was very happy to see them. One was $5 off any purchase and the other was 15% off my entire purchase. I didn't have much money to spend so I again went for the clearence racks (My only issue with Kohls is that you can't use coupons on their Kohls cares for kids products). I finally found a top, tried in on, and knew that's what I was getting. The top was originally $30, it was 80% off! So it had been marked down to $6.00. My $5.00 coupon brought it down to $1.00 and I got another 15% off of that! My total came to $0.91 with a savings of $29.15!!! The best part - she gave me both coupons back to use again so I'm headed back sometime before Saturday night :)

I love getting good deals :)

Today, I'm headed to our local AC Moore for a family event. I'm taking one of my nieces and we are going with friends. They are doing lots of family friendly events including t-shirt decorating (free if you buy a shirt), puppet making, tattoos and body art, marshmallow candy making, and making cards veterans. They are also having give-a-ways evey half-hour!!

Mostly I'm looking for to spending time with great friends!

Hope y'all have a wonderful day!!
-JoAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment