Friday, August 19, 2011

Before and After

I told y'all I would be re-organizing my Daisy room. I am planning on significantly growing my Daisy troop this year and we don't have much room. Somehow my room has become storage for several of the other troops. This is what I saw when I walked in to clean it the other day.

To add to the already cluttered room, someone had had a party at the youth house and moved all of the random items onto my table. As you can tell, I had a lot of work to do. My plan was to move the couch and table out and put two new tables in. To the right of the picture you can see a cabinet. This is ours but the stacks on top and around belong to the brownies, most of this has been in my room for a year. Here's a closer view.


I also have the gifts in a jar that the older girls made and couldn't sell, these have also been in my room for a year. I had to get all of that out if I wanted to fit more 5 year olds in :)


I had this cute little helper (my nephew) and my mom and my other assistant leader.


After about 4 long hours of work in which we discovered the couch would not fit through the door. We had taken the table apart and put it in another room, vacuumed, steam cleaned, Clorox wiped. We ended up with this!


I still don't have enough table and chair space but I am planning on adding a small table that will get folded when we are not using it. I LOVE the large floor space for group activities. And my carpet area with my new bulletin board (that I had to hot glue).



While I was doing all of this the other leaders were working on their room and the youth house looks GREAT! I can't wait for my parents meeting and our first meeting to see how it works out.


I hope your classrooms turned out just the way you wanted them :) and that you all have a great weekend!


- Ms. JoAnne









No comments:

Post a Comment