Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher Monday

Hi everyone, if you're visiting my site from http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com welcome! Today is Meet the Teacher Monday.

A little something about me

I'm a 24 year old Early Childhood Major. I just graduated in December and wasn't fortunate enough to get my own classroom this year so I will be subbing. I have 4 nieces and 2 nephews. I'm also a Daisy Girl Scout leader.

How long have you been teaching?

I have not had my own classroom but while I was in collage I taught at risk students in an after school program. I have subbed for almost a year. I Student taught in 2nd grade, and I am a Daisy Girl Scout leader.

You might not know...

I don't have a drivers licence. Yes, I'm 24 and I can't drive. I was in a wreck in High School and I didn't want to drive. Now, I know I need work on getting it but I honestly don't know where I would get the money for gas, insurance, and car payments.

What are you looking forward to this year?

This year I really hope I will get my own classroom. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something will open up. If not, I'm hoping to get some long term sub positions.

What do you need to improve?

I am a big procrastinator. I need to work on being more prepared. Of course right now I have no idea what to prepare for.

What teaching supplies can you not live without?

I LOVE having a smartboard, of course I could probably learn to live without one if I had to. I also love Bold tip pens.

Of course my biggest addiction would be children's books. I don't even have a classroom yet and already my house is full :)


If you are visiting, I hope you come back soon! I'll be planning some kind of giveaway soon maybe when I reach 10 or 15 followers.

-JoAnne

1 comment:

  1. Nice to "meet" you through the Blog Hop! I didn't get my license until I was 19...most people thought I was C-R-A-Z-Y, but I had so much anxiety. I still won't drive anywhere but my hometown!!

    Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete