Monday, June 28, 2010

Update

In case anyone was wondering I'm not MIA I had quite a busy week last week. Here's a brief summary.


Monday-Well we won't talk about monday...not that it wasn't busy but it wasn't positive either.


Tuesday-I spent the day with a wonderful friend that I hadn't been able to hang out with in about a year. It was great. We ran some errands, VOTED, had lunch at Moe's and hung out watching some TV. Best news...She decided to be my assistant leader for my Daisy troop! Tuesday night I finished up my Girl Scout training. This training was way more helpful than the first. We went over policies, rules and paperwork.


Wednesday- I had lunch with the girls and made plans for watching the newest Twilight movie this week.


Thursday and Friday - I spent at home relaxing it's hard to believe but my summer break will be over soon.


Saturday- Weighed in, I lost 1.6 pounds! Went shopping. Hung out at home for a while and watched TV.


Yesterday was our preachers farewell sermon. I hate to see him leave. He has been with us for 6 years, but that is the methodist way. We sent him off with a wonderful covered dish. Both churches came together. Before leaving he was presented a computer to help with his new placement and a cookie jar from the kids. The cookie jar was really great. The kids mad it at a local pottery studio. It had thumb print people for each of our church kids and had other memories from the pastors time at our church. We are very proud of Bill on his recent ordination and wish him the best of luck with his new churches. Our new preacher will come on Sunday and I am looking forward to meeting her and keeping an open mind about this change.


So, whats on the horizon this week? Not much except for the movie. I am going to enjoy my last week before class starts, and study for the Praxis II. I hope ya'll are having a great Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment