Saturday, May 29, 2010

Planning ahead

After our recent Girl Scout award day, where the girls received the patches they had earned throughout the year, a parent(and future Brownie leader!) came to me with the concern that her daughter wanted to put her Daisy patches on her Brownie uniform. She refused to listen when her mom explained her new sash would hold badges she would earn the next year. I told her that when I was in girl scouts we made small bags to put our fun patches on.

I knew that project would be too difficult for my Daisys (they are 5 and 6) but I wanted to do something similar with them so their badges could move up with them, after all these patches should be something they are proud of.

Today I found bags similar to these in the dollar section at Target

I bought some in Daisy blue and I'm going to give them to my girls at the beginning of the next Girl Scout year. I am hoping to have their names embroidered on them! This way the girls will have an "official" bag to carry their scout stuff in or to bring on trips. They will also have a place to put their patches as they earn them.


So, what do you think?

Other things I'm planning for the Daisy's next year:

Our new journey book is about traveling and learning about new places. As the girls learn about other parts of the U.S. I want them to learn more about SC and the Columbia area as well. Be on the look out for places we can visit and free events that can be education for my girls. I would love to hear your suggestions.




No comments:

Post a Comment