Thursday, September 1, 2011

I got a JOB

About two weeks ago I got a call from my aunt. She works at one of the schools I sub for and she had gotten an email from the director of their afterschool program. They were looking for subs and my aunt wanted to know if I was interested. I told her I wouldn't mind subbing in the after school program but Subbing in the classroom would have to come first. In other words, If I was subbing in a classroom at one school I wouldn't be available to sub in the afterschool program of another school. She relayed this information in an email to the director and the next day I got a call.

The director over the Extended day program for the whole district called to follow up on the email. I explained my situation and she asked if I had scheduled any sub jobs for the next week. I told her know and she asked if I could sub every day at the after school program (at the school where my aunt works).

Last Monday I walked into the school a little nervous about how the program would be run. I worked for an after school program in the past but it was for at risk students and was focused on education (we taught lessons and everything was very structured.) I knew this school would be different the question was, how different. I liked the set up of this program though it was much more relaxed than the program I worked for before and I liked the kids. Unfortunately the school wasn't in a convenient location for me. When the director for the school told me they were going to be looking for someone for the following week. I told her I didn't think I could do it.

I called the director for the district and told her my situation. I asked her if there were any openings ant the school I subbed for the most last year and she said no. Then she told me there was a possiblilty she could switch someone.

The next day she told me she was able to switch someone from the school I wanted so I accepted a job working every day in the extended day program! And I'll still be able to sub for that school.

No comments:

Post a Comment