Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My happy place

Whenever people say "go to your happy place" most people picture the beach, the mountains, etc... It's normally somewhere far away from their home. I realized this weekend where my happy place is as I was taking these breath taking pictures. That's why it's been so hard for me to say goodbye...

Camp Congaree was a place many Girl Scouts experienced camp for the first time. What a BEAUTIFUL place to fall in love with mother nature!!


And of course I had to have one more S'more before it was all over. I also got ashes of friendship from the fire and we lit eternal flames. I'm really glad I was able to spend one more day out there. Even if I did threaten to sit down on the ground and refuse to leave. Regardless of what our council plans to do in our area, to those of us who grew up doing the "Congaree Wig Walk" there will never be anything close to Camp Congaree.


No comments:

Post a Comment