Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Where it all goes down Wednesday

Hi again, It's teacher week at Blog Hoppin and today is "Where it all goes down Wednesday" I don't have a classroom this year so i will share my Girl Scout room with you all.




Last year I had 7 girls, this year I have 15 and a waiting list. I would actually like to cap it at twelve so we will see how our first meeting goes on Saturday. (my plan is: If the don't come to the parents meeting, they are on a waiting list)


We meet in a church's youth house that used to be a parsonage, I have what would have been a bedroom. I love that I have my own bathroom and my girls don't have to leave the room.

As you can tell, it's a small room. This picture was taken from the bathroom door. Right now, I only have table space for 8 girls. I am trying to decide if I want to try and add another table, take away the table and get clipboards, or split the group in two. The couch it too heavy and big for us to get out the door, so it will be staying. I also have a dry erase board.



This picture was taken from the table, you can see we have two closets that we share with the other troops, our bathroom, and the door to the rest of the house. It's hard to put much on this side of the room because we will block a door. I have a small bulletin board over my chair and a larger one to the right. The small one will have a copy of our news letter and the larger one will have my girls work displayed and some other things throughout the year. The rug is where we will sit to read from our journey book.

I'm worried about how this will work with 15 girls. Hopefully I will find a way to make everything run smoothly.

Thanks for stopping by!
-JoAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment